Thursday, March 25, 2010

camping at Dar es Salaam airport

 Having slept at Lagos airport the day before, I arrived in Dar es Salaam around midnight last night. The taxi ride to city center cost around $20 and I was stingy enough to refuse to take it and decided to sleep by the Arrivals gates, wait till morning and take the public transport.

Initially, I slept on a long  bench. But I was being constantly and brutally attacked by mosquitoes, so I rolled out my tent and slept in it.

I was surprised that throughout the night nobody bothered me or tried to remove me, except a couple of passers-by curiously poked my tent and asked why I didn't sleep in a hotel.

1 comment:

  1. Dar es Salaam Airport taxis are available for hire to any destination in the city. Travellers are advised to negotiate a price before setting off, as taxis are not metered.

    ReplyDelete