Monday, January 11, 2010

30 straight hours on buses :(

After riding buses for 30 hours, I've finally arrived in Rabat from the Morocco-Mauritania border. I swear I will never want to be on a bus for this long! I mean, the bus (I travelled with CTM, one of the best bus operators in Morocco) is big and farely comfortable, but it's just so effing boring, now I believe boredom can actually kill.

The bus arrived in Rabat around 7am. I took a taxi and went straight to the Mauritanian embassy. The visa section didn't open till about 8:40, so I had to wait outside for quite some time. The weather in Rabat didn't cooperate at all, it's been raining nonstop. After submitting the application and paying Dh510 for a 2-entry visa, I got a receipt and was told to come back at 5pm. So now I hope there won't be any more drama with the visa and when I return later this afternoon, I'll get that damn visa.

While waiting outside the embassy, I talked with other travellers, and it seems that Mauritania is the only country in the western Africa area that does NOT issue visa at the border at this moment. Also, I met this Dutch guy, Joseph, who will drive all the way to Mauritania when he picks up his passport and visa at 5pm today, and he agreed to let me ride with him and I'll share the gas cost with him.

Now, there's still 6 hours till 5pm, I think I will try to find a place to take a shower and find a McD's!

No comments:

Post a Comment