Saturday, December 5, 2009

1st post from behind the Great Firewall of China

If you're reading this, then you're most likely living in a country other than China (and maybe North Korea etc).

In here, no Facebook, no Youtube...... even most of the free proxy websites are blocked. And most importantly, my favourite online dating website (haha, just kidding).

So today I finally got fed up and decided to use a paid VPN service to re-connect with the outside world and enjoy once again the free flow of information that I had so long taken for granted.

But still this paid/temporary access to free information cannot take away a strong feeling/fear in me that I and millions other Internet users in China are being watched 24/7. It's frustrating.

So much to love and to hate about China.

No comments:

Post a Comment